Our Editor, Abuja
Popular actor and entertainment guru, Kanayo O. Kanayo has rubbished the rumour of his death that has been circulating in the media, describing it as the handiwork of jobless and devious people.
In a telephone conversation with Ikengaonline Wednesday night, the actor, lawyer, and businessman, said he had earlier debunked the wicked rumour and would not want to give it more unnecessary traction by going over it again.
“You know in this country some people will simply buy a phone, load it with data and begin to spread falsehood about other people, including false news about their deaths. Do these people think that those of us in Nollywood do not have family members, relations and friends who get traumatized on hearing this fake news?
“If I had an accident or was sick, it would have been a different thing. But as you can see, I am well, alive and you’re speaking with me,” Kanayo said.
The awarding-wining actor expressed his excitement on the launch of Ikengaonline as a news medium with focus on the five states of the Southeast, describing it as a worthy development, which will give the Zone and its people more access to information and more accurate reportage.
He decried how a section of the media had targeted people of the Southeast, especially successful businessmen and women, tarring them with the brush of corruption and other negative vices even when they know their sources of income.