Stephen Ukandu, Umuahia
The West African Examinations Council, WAEC, has appointed Dr Amos Josiah Dangut, as the Head of the Nigeria National Office of the body.
His appointment was announced Monday by WAEC.
The new WAEC boss will be taking over from Mr Patrick Areghan, whose tenure ends this month.
Meanwhile, here are 10 things to know about the new WAEC boss:
- He was born on October 2, 1967, in Mbar District of Bokkos Local Government Area, Plateau State.
- Dangut attended Government Secondary School, Riyom from 1981 to 1983 and Government Science School, Kuru (1983 to 1986), where he obtained his WASC/SC in 1986), both in Plateau State.
- He proceeded to the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, where he bagged a Bachelor of Agriculture degree in Animal Production in 1991.
- He served as an Assistant Registrar/Subject Officer, Test Development Division, WAEC, Lagos between July 1998 and January 2005.
- He was the Senior Assistant Registrar/Head of Examinations Security and Deputy to the Branch Controller, Uyo Branch Office between January 2005 and January 2008.
- He was also Senior Assistant Registrar/Head of Examinations Security and Deputy to the Branch Controller, Bauchi Branch Office between January 2008 and December 2011.
- He was Senior Assistant Registrar/Branch Controller, Yola Branch office from December 2011 to January 2019.
- He was Deputy Registrar/Controller, Post Examinations Department from January 2019 – October, 2020.
- He was Deputy Registrar/Zonal Coordinator, Ikeja Zonal Office.
- Dangut is an astute scholar with various educational publications in international and national journals.