Stephen Ukandu, Umuahia
Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, Tuesday, named Chairmen of various standing committees of the 10th Senate with Senator Olamilekan Adeola, APC, Ogun West as Chairman of Appropriation Committee; while Senator Ali Ndume, APC, Borno South was appointed the Vice Chairman, Appropriation Committee.
The appointment was in compliance with the Standing Orders 2022 as Amended.
Those so far named by the Senate President include:
- Senator Tutus Zam, APC, Benue North West – Chairman, Rules and Business.
- Senator Sunday Karimi, APC, Kogi West – Chairman Senate Services .
- Senator Okechukwu Ezea, LP, Enugu East – Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions.
- Senator Aliyu Ahmed Wadada, SDP, Nasarawa West – Public Accounts Committee.
- Senator Shehu Umar – Chairman National Security and Intelligence Committee
- Senator Garba Maidoki – Chairman, Committee on Legislative Compliance.
- Senator Adeyemi Adaramodu, APC, Ekiti – Chairman, Committee on Media and Public Affairs.
- Senator Olamilekan Adeola, APC, Ogun West – Chairman of Appropriations Committee
- Senator Ali Ndume, APC, Borno South – Vice Chairman, Appropriation Committee.
Meanwhile, the Senate President named members into the Selection Committee which has him as the Chairman with the Deputy Senate President, Senator Jibrin Barau as the Vice chairman as well as other principal officers of both the majority and minority as members.
The Selection Committee members are Senator Opeyemi Bamidele, APC, Ekiti Central, the Senate Majority leader; Senator Ali Ndume, APC, Borno, the Senate Chief Whip:; Senator Dave Umahi, APC, Ebonyi South, the Deputy Leader and Senator Lola Ashiru , APC, Kwara South, the Deputy Whip.
Other members are Senator Simon Davou Mwadkwon, PDP, Plateau North, the Senate Minority Leader; Senator Darlington Nwokocha, LP, Abia Central, the Minority Whip; Senator Oyewumi Kamorudeen Olarere, PDP Osun West, the Deputy Minority Leader and Senator Rufai Hanga, NNPP, Kano Central, the Deputy Minority Whip.